This breakfast is awesome in so many ways! It is my favorite when I only have a little bit of time, but I want more than some fruit or a power bar. The egg provides a great amount of protein. The tomatoes, mushrooms, and lettuce give you essential vitamins and the bread gives you the perfect amount of carbs. For a complete meal, add a fruit cup consisting of strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries and serve with milk of your choice or orange juice.
Handful of cherry tomatoes
2 to 3 button mushrooms
1 cup romaine lettuce, spinach or cabbage mix
1 slice of bread
1) Spray a ramekin with cooking spray and crack egg into the ramekin and cover with a paper towel. Set aside
2) Wash Mushrooms, tomatoes, and lettuce or spinach.
3) Chop the produce into bite size pieces
4) Arrange lettuce on the bottom and top with sliced mushrooms and tomatoes
5) Cook the egg on high for a minute for a well done egg (time may vary depending on microwave)
6) Cut bread into two slices and toast until golden brown
7) Remove egg from microwave, loosen the edges with a knife and turn ramekin upside down on top of the lettuce mixture.
8) Top with salt and pepper and place toast slices on both sides of the plate.
I hope that you love this delicious dish as much as I do. Please feel free to share with all of your family and friends. Bon appetite. 🙂